Wednesday, February 12, 2014

ES 2/12/14 +6.00

Not a good day. Could have easily ended the day -3.00 or -4.00 pt. I've found another problem with my trading. Whenever I'm stopped out of a trade for a loss, I tend to reverse immediately into another trade, without any good reason to. I think they are all revenge trades. Today, I had one more example of this. My 3rd trade, a short, was stopped out for a loss. I then instantly went long, because I was pissed off at the market for stopping me out. Of course, I entered right at the top of the trend channel. Hadn't even realize that, as I was too blinded by my emotions. Needless to say, prices started pulling back. I was then forced to break another trading rule - never average down. In fact, I broke it twice (could have been disastrous). The trade worked out in the end, but emotionally-driven and not properly thought-out trades usually don't. Should have just taken the loss and step away from the desk for 10 minutes to cool off. I just hope this was my last infraction.

E-mini S&P 500 Futures chart for Wednesday 2/12/14
ES chart 2/12/14

No comments:

Post a Comment