Tuesday, February 4, 2014

2/4/14 6E +0.0003 & ES +3.75

Traded both the 6E and ES. Was watching the charts for both instruments. For most of the morning session, I was looking more at the 6E. However, around noon, volume just dissipated. Time would have been better spent watching paint dry. As a result, for the majority of the afternoon session, I was concentrated on the ES.

I did 6 trades on the 6E. Way too much, IMHO. My ideal would be 2 - netting a total of 14 ticks (daily goal). Today, every winner was matched up with a loser. The trade results sequence was win, loss, loss, win, loss, win. The good news is that since my risk/reward ratio is positive, even with a 50% win rate, I'm still positive. Not so for the ES. I would likely need a minimum 60% win rate. Anyway, for the ES, I did 3 trades today.

Euro FX Futures for Tuesday 2/4/14
6E chart 2/4/14
E-mini S&P 500 Futures chart for Tuesday 2/4/14
ES chart 2/4/14

No comments:

Post a Comment