Wednesday, October 9, 2013

ES trades for 10/9/13

Made a lot of trades today. I should definitely cherry pick my trades more often. Take only the best setups with the highest probability of success. This invariably requires a bit of patience, which I'm still working on. 11 trades is just too many, though.

At around noon, my internet connection went down. Had to manually do a reboot. This is nothing new (see my past post titled "TWC sucks!"). As a result, all trades prior to the loss connection don't have entry/exit details. I've manually highlighted (green=long, red=short) them, instead.

Out of the 11 trades, 7 were winners and 4 were losers. Even though I had > winners than losers, I still ended the day down -0.75 pt or -$37.50, before commissions. The main problem is that my losers were twice as big as my winners. For the strategy that I'm using, the risk/reward ratio is 2:1. I need to somehow find a workaround to this. It is an obstacle and a discouragement knowing that I have to make 2 winning trades to make up for every 1 losing one. More if including commission costs. I would probably need to have a consistent +75% win rate. Quite tough.

Also, I switched to a 2000 tick chart from the 1800 that I've been using. Just experimenting. Anyway, I'm too lazy and tired to post the entry/exit & time stamp details for the 11 trades. Please just refer to the chart.

E-mini S&P 500 Futures chart for Wednesday 10/9/13
ES chart 10/9/13

No comments:

Post a Comment