Wednesday, August 7, 2013

ES trades for 8/07/13

I apologize for the vagueness (no time or entry price info) of my trade descriptions, as I didn't save today's chart data.

Trade #1 - Prices formed a triple top, so I went short. Again, I got nervous and was shook out of the trade. The second my manually adjusted target got filled, prices went straight down about more 6 pt. Instead of getting my auto target, had I stayed put, I got a measly +0.25 pt. What a pisser!

Trade #2 - This trade was emotionally draining. I entered on a 2nd entry long. It was looking decent early on. However, prices then broke below the upward sloping trend line. On 4 consecutive occasions, prices dropped within 1 tick of stopping me out. It then reversed to the upside near my entry. I could've (and should've) just exited for +/- 1 tick. But that previous 4 consecutive times of prices hitting support had reinforced my view that the market was returning to an upward trajectory. I got rewarded for my conviction with 3 very bearish bars. After I got stopped out for -2.00 pt, prices reversed and headed straight up. Would've gotten my target, had my stop been 3 ticks lower.

Bad trading days like today always make me reminisce about all my past trips to TH. This year's trip went by in a flash. I guess all fun activities go by quick. For me, there is never enough time spent in HK/TH. I sometimes envy the expats who get to work in those two places. My goal/dream is to be able to trade 6 months in BKK, 3 months in HK and 3 months in NYC each year. Maybe I can just look at these pics of Pinky, Nok and Chompoo as consolation.

Pinky Savika Chaiyadej
Pinky
Nok Usanee Wattana
Nok
Chompoo Araya Alberta Hargate
Chompoo

No comments:

Post a Comment