Tuesday, January 7, 2014

ES 1/7/14 +2.25

It was an okay day. Market was divided in two halves - uptrend in the morning and downtrend in the afternoon. Would have had a better day, had I been more aggressive. Instead, I played it safe and ended up skipping on two trades.

I know my stated daily target was 2 points, but ideally, I would like it to be 3. If trading 3 contracts, that would mean a difference between making $450 vs $300, before commissions. Going forward, I'm going to aim for 3 points (per contract) as my daily target. This would mean making at least three trades per day, as my scalp target for each trade is 1.25 points.

My original scalp target was 1.00, but I added the extra tick starting 2014. Two main reasons why I did this.
  1. The extra tick would cover for the commission cost. 
  2. I notice that for my winning trades, prices would often blow past my original 1.00 scalp target. Makes sense to tack on a measly single tick. 

E-mini S&P 500 Futures chart for Tuesday 1/7/14
ES chart 1/7/14

No comments:

Post a Comment