Saturday, July 27, 2013

ES trades for 7/25/13

Trade #1 - Market went up a few minutes after the open. A quadruple bottom formed and I went long at around 9:40 @1676.50 and exited at around 9:43 @1677.75 for +1.25 pt. Prices proceeded to rocket up to 1682.00. I have no runners to take advantage of this move, as I'm currently only trading 1 contract per trade.

Trade #2 - The overall trend was slightly upward biased. However, there was a downtrend channel and prices hit the upper trend line. Went short at around 15:17, right after a very bearish bar formed. In @1682.75. Right after I got filled, a bullish bar and then 3 consecutive Doji candlesticks formed. I should have been alerted by this and close out the trade at break-even or a slight loss. Instead, I held on and was stopped out by a very bullish bar at around 15:23 for -2.00 pt. Many mistakes here, but the biggest is that I had the trend line incorrect. The downtrend channel was already over (already had 2 legs down) and an uptrend one was forming. Prices were pulling back to the EMA and likely have a 2nd leg up when I shorted.
Note to self: Market moves in 2s. Just had a 2-legged correction, so going for 2 legs up at a minimum.

E-mini S&P 500 Futures chart for Thursday 7/25/13
7/25/13 ES chart

No comments:

Post a Comment